Tuesday 17 April 2012

Easter in the Peaks

Just back from another lovely holiday in our caravan and as expected the weather was...changeable! We trekked all over Chatsworth Estate where we were staying, visited a local National Trust House and Gardens (much to my 3 year old's delight...not!) and won on the Grand National. The children had the freedom to cycle and scooter all over the site with their new found friends. I had toyed with the idea of taking a range of caravan inspired creations with me but the weather forecast and lack of backbone changed my mind for me.

Been busy creating new things for my little Folksy shop. My inspiration here was how to keep your little ones entertained in a tiny 5 berth caravan whilst Blighty unleashes its best thunderstorm outside. Both my girls like to sew so I have created little sewing kits aimed at the young novice. They include all you need to make a small felt coin purse. I loved making these, I really did. 

That was the girls sorted (for a time, at least) so I had to dig deep for the young lads who prefer football to embroidery! All my children have had Caravan Journals which have lived in the caravan since our very first trip away so I came up with a Holiday Journal with a removable cover and a pouch for stationary. 


One of my favourite excursions was a visit to a working Nat Trust flour mill and of course, I had to buy some flour! Tonight my girls and I have been kneeding the dough to within an inch of its life ready for the packed lunches tomorrow. They were born naturals and I will try and encourage this further.


Which reminds me, the dough has proven (and proven - I had forgotten all about it!) so needs to be baked. Yum yum xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment