Wednesday 14 March 2012

Little Helpers

Well, you didn't think I was going to be able to do all this on my own, now did you?!

My 5 year old, Phoebe, on the left, has already received a Headteacher's Award for her sewing prowess and she is now teaching her friends this skill!

Here they are sewing ribbons, beads and buttons onto fabric which I then made into little pretty bags. I know she will actually be of practical help in just a few years time but for now I am more than content with having my wee sewing buddy around when I am being creative.

Round-up on where I am with my venture into mini-entrepreneurship. Blog looks different. I wanted an outdoorsy feel but then bloggers who stumble across it would believe it to be about...camping! Hey no! The current backdrop is too busy but I spent too long getting there so will settle for that for now.

And I have a button to my Folksy shop! I need to now link this blog to my shop. Aaagghhh! I have had 45 unique visitors so far yet no sales. Two issues, methinks: photo quality - too amateurish - and perhaps price. Ignoring minimum wage, I still don't to be giving the things away! New camera and crack on with my new range including insulating lunch bags and water bottle slings, now my pack of insulating wadding has arrived from a little seller on ebay.

But I have also been looking at exams covering Personal Taxation just in case I need to do a proper job such as paraplanning once my current contract finishes. Oh, such an interesting dilemma...NOT!!!

 Been busy finding a decent home for my growing stash of fabric. Commandeered a shelf by removing the kid's books to their bedrooms. The puzzles will be my next victims. And I was fed up ferreting about behind the settee for my sewing machine so it is now in pride of place in the family room. Compromise all round. One day I will have a space of my own for my bits'n'bobs. Too late to sew tonight after Parent's Evening. A dose of 'Upstairs Downstairs' on the iPlayer and to bed with my Kindle.

Then it all starts again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment